CARMERA Privacy Principles
These Privacy Principles set out the privacy practices for CARMERA’s HD mapping and fleet management products and services. We believe in responsible, thoughtful, and lawful handling of personal information.
- Privacy is important to us. The responsible, thoughtful, and lawful handling of any and all data we manage is fundamental to our operating principles.
- We do not sell imagery and maintain specific controls to protect raw data. We utilize cameras to make updates to our HD maps, focusing on the safety- and navigation-critical features of roads. We do not sell raw images, and we follow industry norms for blurring faces and license plates in the event that any such imagery would need to be shared with third parties other than our suppliers or service providers.
- We vet our suppliers and service providers. We work with services that meet our requirements for safety, security, and privacy. Please note, some third-party providers may collect information from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about you, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
- We have clear guidelines for law enforcement. Citizen and user privacy are core to our company mission and should be respected as such. Requests for any information must comply with all laws and clearly establish the need for disclosure. Unless otherwise permitted by law, requests may not be vague and must be related to specific investigations and/or specific subjects of investigations.
- We give you choices. You can always one-click unsubscribe from communications emails from us—though please note that even if you unsubscribe, you may receive the occasional administrative email if you continue to be a user of one of our products.
- We’re here to answer questions. Please reach out to email@example.com.